Followers

Friday, February 16, 2018

All The Kingdoms

there’s Son
there’s a Father
there’s an enemy and
there’s a desert

there’s the Father’s promise
“ask of me and
I will make the nations Your inheritance and
the ends of the earth Your possession.”

there’s the enemy’s promise
“all this, all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour
I will give you
if you will bow down and worship me.”

the question isn’t whether
the Son gets the nations, the ends of the earth
and all the kingdoms of the world
make no mistake, they will be His

the question is not “if”
but “how”
how will He build the Kingdom?
how will He redeem the world?

“ask Me, “ says the Father
and He will give all the kingdoms to the Son
but the cross stands in His path

“worship me,” says the enemy
and he will give all the kingdoms to the Son
and he takes the cross off the table

the Son
asks the Father and
embraces the cross

No comments: